INASanté – National Instance for Accreditation in Health Care
– Professor Khaled Zeghal, General Director, INASanté
History and structure
INASanté is a public scientific authority, under the supervision of the Ministry of Health, established by Decree No. 1709 of September 6, 2012.
INASanté has four missions :
- Health Technology Assessment (elaborating reports assessing technologies)
- Accreditation of health institutions (public and private) and continuing education activities for healthcare professionals
- Development of Good Practice Recommendations and Professional Practices Evaluation criteria
- Information of professionals and citizens
How INASanté Works currently
Although founded in 2012, INASanté is a structure in phase of implementation with a material and immaterial support program actually started in 2013 for :
- The strengthening of the organization of the structure
- The adaptation of its legal framework
- The establishment of an operational team and the improvement of its technical capabilities
- The provision of good working conditions (locations, equipment)
- The development of an information system according to the international standards
The mission of the INASanté is based on two pillars :
- The accreditation of health institutions (public and private), which is an external assessment procedure to a health institution, performed by peers, independent of the health institution and its parent bodies, reviewing all its operation and its practices. The accreditation aims to a continuous improvement in the quality of care and patient safety.
- Health technology assessment that can give a neutral and independent opinion, based on evidence to:
- Promote the appropriate use of health technologies.
- Support decision-making and inform the allocation of resources.
- Promote efficiency, safety and quality of care.
- Evolve to standardized practices and enable communication on best practices.
Knowledge Transfer and Dissemination
A website and an information system have been developed. An information and communication strategy is being implemented.
Current Projects Related to HTA
- A stakeholder analysis and a consensus conference were conducted.
- A process of health technology assessment has been developed.
- The HTA team capacity is about to be developed
- Protocol design, methodology guides and supports of evaluation for different domains elaborating
- Designing a technology prioritization process for HTA
- Development of a concept of management and analysis of data collected in the context of HTA projects
- Design and development of a computerized solution for disseminating of the results of evaluations
- Development of tools, standards and procedures for accreditation of public and private institutions according to international requirements
Description of population served: National
Population served (mil): 10.89 million (2013)
Current HTA budget (mil USD): 650,000 USD/1230 000 TND
Permanent staff: 27
Ongoing TA projects: Implementation phase
Director: Pr. Khaled Zeghal
Contact persons: Dr. Mouna Jameleddine, Dr. Asma Ben Brahem Touil
7 bis Rue Ahmed Rami
1002 le belvédère