History and Structure
The Republican state enterprise on the right of economic management “Republican Center for Health Development” of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – RCHD) was established by the Decree of the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan dated February 14, 2011 No. 133 and carries out its work in the fields of public health, health economics, community health, drug policy, health policy and management.
RCHD has been a member of INAHTA since 2013.
The department for Economics and Health Technology Assessment was established in 2011 to examine and provide information about the effectiveness, safety, cost-effectiveness, and budgetary impact of devices, diagnostic methods, and other health technologies from the public health perspective of the Republic of Kazakhstan. The department has built up a strong multi-disciplinary research community which includes economists, public health workers, and physicians.
RCHD is renamed to “Salidat Kairbekova National Research Center for Health Development” by the Decree of the Government of Republic of Kazakhstan dated August 6, 2021.
- To coordinate the activities of Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan in the implementation of HTA policy;
- To create and support the system activities of effective use HTA and principles of evidence-based medicine in the healthcare practice;
- To bring together HTA experts to share experience and information in the field of HTA, Health Economics and Public Health;
- To cooperate with governmental and nongovernmental organizations, as well as international organizations in the context of healthcare and HTA issues;
- To inform healthcare providers and to improve systematically the qualifications of healthcare providers in the field of HTA and evidence-based-medicine;
- To share experience with the colleagues from other countries and to develop international principles of HTA in Central Asia.
Topic 1: Desensitization therapy for patients with stage 4-5 chronic kidney disease with high immunological risk before kidney transplantation using cascade plasma filtration.
Topic 2: Thoracoscopic epicardial clipping of the left atrial appendage.
Topic 3: Real-time PCR quantification of BCR-ABL chimera (b3a2, b2a2, e19a2, e1a2 transcripts) in chronic myeloid leukemia.
Acting as a bridge between researchers and those who determine the public health policy and clinical research policy, the HTA organization can also take an important role not only in the retrospective assessment of available data, but also in determining what kind of information is needed. Prospective HTA may be an important step forward by identifying what kind of information and any other data is needed to make decisions, what data is already there, and what is missing, and what kind of assessment required.
Description of population served:
Population served (mil):
Current HTA budget (mil USD):
Ongoing TA projects:
Director-General: Kamalzhan Nadyrov
Contact person: Adlet Tabarov, Zaid Zholdassov
Salidat kairbekova national research center for health development of the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Kazakhstan
Kazakhstan, Nur-Sultan city, Z05H0B8
Kabanbay Batyr Ave 19A, 8th Floor, office #0809
Tel: +7 7172 700950 ext. 1137
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org