Debjani (Jani) Mueller
INAHTA Board Director (2017 – 2019)
CMeRC, South Africa
Jani comes from an engineering background and has been involved as a Researcher at CMeRC HTA-Unit, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa and CREMS, LIUC University, Italy.
Education and current position:
- Masters in Engineering, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Researcher at CMeRC HTA-Unit, University of Witwatersrand, South Africa and CREMS, LIUC University, Italy
- Service and research in HTA
- Training HTA courses in Africa and other developing countries
- Involved in HTA capacity building measures in developing countries
- Networking with different institutions
INAHTA could act as a platform for information exchange, promotion of international cooperation and further standardization of independent HTA activities. It should work closely with member institutions to raise awareness about the importance of HTA for delivering an efficient, effective, relevant and sustainable health system thereby making HTA an integral part of national, regional and local health systems and thus shaping HTA to be a sought- after profession. I do believe that the INAHTA could achieve this by strengthening international cooperation and promoting collaboration between different institutions (developed and developing; academic and non-academic; government and non-governmental organisations) by acting as a catalyst among them. I would also like to envision the role of INHATA as a standard generating body and watchdog for HTA education and training.
Jani was previously an INAHTA Board Director for the following terms: 2013-2015, 2015-2017